Objective of Japan Forming Machinery Association
By striving to enhance manufacturing, distributing, trading of metal forming machinery and enforcement of related policies, and other various measures, our objective is to devote ourselves to the sound development of metal-forming industry as well as the progress of our entire industry, and contribute to the prosperity of the national economy.
(Director and Senior Corporate Adviser, Hitachi Zosen Fukui Corporation)
Products scope of Forming Machinery
Those metal forming machines as servo press, mechanical press, hydraulic press, forging machine, punching press, shearing machine, bending machine, laser cutting machine, plasma cutting machine, etc., and their automation equipment, safety equipment and parts/tooling/service are included.
Number of Members
As of May 16, 2017, members of the Association consist of 113 companies.
Kikaishinko Bldg. 3-5-8 Shibakoen, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0011 Japan
TEL： +81-3-3432-4579 FAX： +81-3-3432-4804
History of the Association
Japan Forming Machinery Society was established on December 1, 1948, and approved as an incorporated body, Japan Forming Machinery Association (JFMA), on June 15, 1984 by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (presently, called “Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry”), and received the industry first approval from the Cabinet Public Interest Approval Committee under the name of Prime Minister on March 18, 2009. Throughout 60 years and more, the association has been dedicating to the sound development of Forming Machinery Industry.
- Japan Forming Machinery Society was established.
- Received a trial order to manufacture the high performance press from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (presently, called “Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry”).
- The forming machinery was named to the designated industry by “The Promotion Law of Forming Machinery Rationalization”.
- Japan Forming Machinery Society changed its name to Japan Forming Machinery Association.
- Mechanical press, hydraulic press and shearing machine were additionally nominated in the appointed products under “The Law of Temporary Steps for Promotion of Machine Industries”.
- Rationalization cartel instruction notice (-1968)
Japan Forming Machinery Association took part in Tokyo
International Trade Fair and presented its products.
- Dispatched the first delegation to Overseas Machine Industries.
- 26 member companies of Japan Forming Machinery Association took part in the First Japan International Machine Tool Fair and presented the products.
- Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS) for Press Machines was established.
- Moved to Kikaishinko Building.
- “The Law of Temporary Steps for Promotion of Specific Electronic Industries and Specific Machine Industries (Kidenhou)” was established.
- Dispatched the first delegation to the Machine Tool Fair in Europe.
- Dispatched the delegation to the Machine Tool Fair in the U.S.A.
- The Law of Tentative Steps for Promotion of Specific Machine and Information Industries was established.
- The Association became an incorporated body.
- The industry was appointed to the Employment Adjustment Subsidy System.
- Started to prepare for Products Liability (PL) manuals for major models.
- Established Institution for Products Liability (PL) Domestic Group Insurance. Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS) was revised in compliance with ISO Standards.
- Established an Internet website.
- “TAN-ATSU” the Industry newsletter was revived.
- The standardization of Servo Press was completed in JFMA. “Our vision for the Forming Machinery Industry“ was released.
- The JFMA stipulations were overhauled for the activation.
- Enhanced specialty committees.
Released the secondary Servo Press standardization.
- “MF ECO-MACHINE Certification System” started.
The status of association was changed to General Incorporated Association, Japan Forming Machinery Association.
The name of newsletter was changed to
“METALFORM”.Organized MF-Tokyo Metal Forming and
Fabricating Fair Tokyo.
- Established MF Technical Grand Prize.